Olympic Day was introduced in 1948 to commemorate the birth of the modern Olympic Games on 23 June 1894 at the Sorbonne in Paris.
Even in case you don’t care a good deal approximately sports, there’s something magical approximately the Olympics: Athletes educate for years to offer their all and supply the overall performance of a lifetime – frequently inside some seconds. We cry glad tears for the winners, sympathize with the losers, yell on the TV, and high-five strangers.
Every year, we modify to an extraordinary time zone, experience a touch bit extra patriotic, and get certainly suitable at spotting flags and country-wide anthems from across the world.
5 Facts about Olympic
1. The First Modern Olympics were held in 1896 in Greece.
2. Women have been allowed to compete in the Olympics science 1990.
3. The five rings of Olympics symbol designed by Baron Pierre De Coubertin.
4. Five Rings represents the five inhabited continents of the world.
5. The 2012 London Olympic Games were the first Olympics in which all participating countries sent female athletes.